The Management Board of the ECARES Doctoral School is headed by Professor Luca Merlino.
For general info, contact Anne-Marie Notarianni.
The ECARES Doctoral School offers internationally competitive, high quality PhD programs in Economics and Statistics and in Economics (see here for the program). Each year, these programmes attract many first-class students from all over the world.
Some reasons why you should considering joining the ECARES Doctoral School:
- We are one of the best centres for advanced research in economics and statistics in Europe. The outstanding quality of the ECARES Doctoral School has been also confirmed by recent studies on the quality of doctoral schools in economics. One of them is based on the success of the graduates on the academic job market. It finds that the ECARES Doctoral School is among the top ten in Europe and the third best in Continental Europe.
- We are very successful at placing our PhD-students in top academic and non-academic institutions.
- We’re located in Brussels, the heart of Europe.
At the ECARES Doctoral School, our mission is to enable our graduates to do quantitative research of highest quality in economics and statistics.
For this we depart from the view that:
- Conducting research using quantitative methods is the best way to enhance our understanding of economic and statistical problems
- High level research in economics and statistics requires high quality training
- Being part of the international scientific community allows us to provide for training and research at the highest level.
Our PhD programmes in Economics and in Economics & Statistics provide the high level technical training required to do frontier research in economics and statistics and to advance practice at the highest level.
The key strengths of our PhD programmes are:
- Our international faculty, renowed for its academic excellence
- Our program offers a unique mix of economics and statistics
- The ECARES Doctoral School provides a congenial and intellectually stimulating atmostphere for its students.
- Our faculty and our PhD students are well connected with and exposed to the international scientific community.
- Our school has strong ties to European policy-making.